This post is sponsored by Sensible Portions but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
One of the best part of the holidays is spending much needed time with my family! We shop, eat, play and we love doing craft projects together! Since we do so many crafts throughout the year, I am always looking for unique ways to do the same craft again, especially since the kids are out of school for three weeks and we need things to do! Making necklaces is one of my kids favorite things to do so I thought it would be fun to put a spin on our normal jewelry making and make edible necklaces and bracelets using Veggie Straws! Check out how easy and fun it is to make these yummy little edible DIY Veggie Straws Necklaces and bracelets.
Fun Easy Crafts
Your kids will love making edible crafts because not only is it a great way for them to develop fine motor skills and practice counting but also a great way you can make sure they have a healthy snack with them if you are sending them off to a friends house or just into the play room. I love using Veggie Straws for stringing our edible jewelry because they are easy for the kids to work with and have 30% less Fat than Chips! They taste great and have no artificial flavors or preservatives and no Trans fat. Bonus that they taste great and the kids love them!
What you need:
- String OR Monofilament bead cord OR Flexible beading wire OR Stretch cord
- Veggie Straws
- Beads (if you want to add them)
- Wire nippers OR scissors
- Table or Bead board (optional)
Directions for DIY edible necklaces
- Cut your line and make sure it’s 6 inches longer than the length of necklace or bracelet that you want to make.
- Tie a double or triple knot at one end of the fishing line or stretch cord.
- Break Veggie Straws in half or thirds to work with better.
- String Veggie Straws (and beads if using) onto the fishing string or stretch cord.
- Tie the ends of the necklace or bracelet together to finish.
Tip: If you are making a bracelet or a necklace that you want to slip over your hand or head use a stretchy cord.
Sensible Portions Veggie Straws
You can pick up all your products for your craft, including Sensible Portions Veggie Straws, at Walmart! I always have a great time there! You and your kids will also have a great time making these DIY Edible Veggie Straws Necklaces! Enjoy and let us know in the comments how you did!