Thank you to our partners for providing this post.
Does the thought of enduring another winter without some sun and fun cause you distress? Perhaps it’s time to bring the whole family down south for some wholesome fun and some serious sun! Planning a trip with kids requires some forethought, but with this simple guide to the best things Scottsdale has to offer, we will take the guesswork out of your trip. Start dreaming about your midwinter outing as you check out these hot attractions and tips for making your trip memorable for all.
Attractions Near Scottsdale
- Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center is a place the whole family will appreciate. They rescue native wild animals that are injured or abandoned, and they share their passion about animals through awareness and education. With special events and an opportunity to view these precious animals in their safe habitats, it is education and entertainment for all who visit.
- Desert Botanical Gardens is a wonderland of desert beauty. Stroll through five thematic trails to uncover the unique landscape of the Southwestern desert region; from succulents to brightly colored blooms nestled against breathtaking red rock landscape, you will all come to appreciate the unique beauty that encompasses the Southwest.
- Octane Raceway is a place for recreation and fun. Featuring go kart racing, an arcade, and bowling, there is something for every member of the family. Refresh yourselves at the Brickyard Bar & Grill after a fun day of playing games while you make memories together that you will cherish for months and years to come.
- Salt River Fields is a great place to take in a game with the family when you’re in Scottsdale. Check out the historic layout of the stadium while enjoying a panoramic view of the field and beyond. Grab a stadium dog and enjoy the experience from beginning to end!
Family Friendly Restaurants Near Scottsdale
- Isabella’s Kitchen is a “must-see” for any family visiting Scottsdale area for the first time. With a large grassy area encompassing the grounds, you’ll find children and parents alike sprawled out on blankets, playing ball, relaxing in the sun, and the like. A large menu caters to both sophisticated and simple tastes, and you will no doubt find this one of the highlights of your trip. Come hungry and leave satisfied and stuffed!
- Arcadia Tavern is a family friendly restaurant featuring a kids arcade and play area near some of the best tables in the joint. If you are lucky enough to hit up Arcadia Tavern on a Monday, kids eat free; enjoy the casual atmosphere and let the kids blow off a little steam while you enjoy top notch fare at reasonable prices.
- Barro’s pizza is a good idea for everyone; who doesn’t like pizza? Catering to families with a play area and even a TV reserved for your little ones, it’s hard to find a bad pie in this Italian specialty shop.
There are a number of family friendly resorts in Arizona, and Scottsdale area sports some of the best. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch has a lush and beautiful desert backdrop against the McDowell mountains. Boasting a 2.5 acre watermark, golf lessons for anyone wishing to improve their game, and live nightly entertainment, Hyatt’s luxurious amenities will be a vacation all by themselves. Click here to find out more about this great resort.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort has something for every member of your brood. From complimentary breakfast to poolside activities suitable for all ages, the Embassy will make your vacation memorable and special for all.
No matter what you choose to do, know that your Southwest destination vacation will be one that you and your family will cherish for a long long time. Start planning your fun in the sun, and let us welcome you every step of the way!