This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I love to grill and living in Texas we are able (blessed) to do it all year round! There is no arguing that summer, however, is the official grilling season and you need to make sure you are prepared! Since I love easy, I want to equip and prepare you with easy summer grilling recipes so you can spend more time this season with your family having a backyard BBQ, beach bash or even block party! No need to slave in the kitchen when you can learn to respect the bun and make this delicious and easy Bacon Cheddar Burger Recipe.
Bacon Cheddar Burger Recipe
There are not too many things better than a bacon and cheddar mix! My husband and kids love my recipe and they even join in on the fun when I whip it up in the kitchen and throw it on the grill. I like to get 80/20 Angus beef mix and shred the cheese myself if I have time. If you want to ensure your burger is juicy, never push down on it while it is grilling. Just let it do it’s thing! Make sure you have the right kind of bun, like Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Hamburger Buns, since they are perfect for any grilling situation. Don’t forget to try all the flavors to see which one you like the best!
- Prep Time- 10 min
- Cook Time-12-15 min
- Total Time-25 min
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 9 -10 slices bacon (I use bacon bits if I am in a time crunch)
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 6 Pepperidge Farm®Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce and tomato slices, optional
- Cook bacon to your liking and then crumble. Almost crisp is best.
- Mix in a bowl beef with bacon, cheddar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion and shape into 12 large patties.
- Grill or broil for 3-4 minutes per side until done. Use a thermometer to make sure it is done.
- Grill bun 1 minute each side if desired. Add additional toppings to bun like lettuce, tomato, mustard etc.
You and your family will enjoy these easy burgers and they are sure to be a hit if you host a backyard summer BBQ! Need more inspiration? Check out Respect the Bun® to explore more delicious recipes, find locations to purchase Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger or Hot Dog buns, and learn how to enter the Respect the Bun® promotion to win $ for sharing how you Respect the Bun®!