This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheWooOfPoo #CollectiveBias
A little over a year ago my company announced that they were selling out to a competitor. My world and security were instantly rocked; the uncertainty of it all was more than I could bear! Would I keep my job of 15 years? Would duties and pay change? What’s going to happen with (insert anything here?) The questions did not stop and no one was able to answer them! The year of the merger was filled with ups, downs, twists and turns that ultimately lead to me leaving a company and job that I really loved dearly.
During that year I was forced to think about worst case scenario and what if things went south, what would I do? What did I want to do for a living? What was I good at? I had to get prepared, I needed to know what I was good at and I needed to know fast!
So how do we do that? It starts by doing a little research and taking a little time for YOU. Slow down and start here to find out what you are good at and the best part- in mostly 5 minutes or less
1. Take an Assessment– There are many out there that can be done quickly and are very easy. Suzy Batiz, author of The WOO of POO: Change Your Life In The Time You Take a Sh*t, suggests the Kolbe A, it will tell you your natural strengths. There are many others that are popular as well like the 5 Minute Personality Test, RichardStep Strengths and Weaknesses Aptitude Test (RSWAT) and the 41 Questions Personality Test . If you don’t know your strengths (what your good at) then how in the world are you going to know what you want to do with your life.
2. Ask Someone Else- Oh yes, this one is tried and tested. The people who know and love you will know what you are truly good at and it should only take 5 minutes for them to rattle off that long list. : ) My Mother would say I am caring, funny, creative and tenacious. She would say that I am really good at helping people or finding out information. What would your Mom say? Better yet, what can you do with those traits and things you are good at? Don’t be shy, ask away!
3. Read a Book- There are thousands of self-help books out there promising to do many things for us all so find one you are comfortable with but if you are looking for a quick, lighthearted read about how to change your life you should check out Suzy Batiz and her new book The WOO of POO: Change Your Life In The Time You Take a Sh*t. Yes it says the word SH*T and I am sorry if I offend but hey, we all do it. Wouldn’t it be great if you could change your life and find your genius in the 5 minutes that you spend in the bathroom each day doing your natural thing? Some of my favorite times are in the bathroom when I can lock the door, relax and just get away, even if it is just for 5 minutes!
Suzy’s chapters really hit home like “Bare Your Genius,” “Trust Your Gut,” and Own your Sh*t” just to name a few. Through her outrageous advice and action plans at the end of each chapter I was able to figure out I was not in “flow” and I needed to stop trying so hard to be happy, fulfilled, successful, whatever and just let go of all the crap and just be myself. I had forgot who I really was. You can’t figure out what you are good at if you don’t know who you are! Yikes!
4. Make Lists and Inventories- Make a list of 5 things you really like to do, 5 things you are really good at and 5 things personality traits you like about yourself. Look for reoccurring items on your lists. For example, I really like to do crafts, I am really good at crafts and I would say I have many personality traits that revolve around creativity. This is a very simple and fun way to find out what you are good at!
5. Put All Together (and as Suzy Batiz says) Trust your Gut– What do you yearn to do? What is your body trying to tell you? What makes you naturally happy? Look back over the results of your assessment tests, the lists you made yourself, the books you read and look for the reoccurring themes again. How does that relate with what your body, mind and soul is telling you?
Follow these 5 tips and you will be on your way to finding out what you are good at! I know I am!
Of course, if you need to head back into the bathroom to read The WOO of POO: Change Your Life In The Time You Take a Sh*t again, do it.! Tell your husband and kids you are on an adventure to better yourself but just make sure you have your pen to take more notes and your all-natural blend of ginger and neroli WOO of POO Before-You-Go® Toilet Spray with you- then no one will ever know you had to go!
This stuff is amazing! Just spray into the toilet bowl before-you-go and the oils create a film on the water that no odor is getting through! All you smell is the refreshing bouquet of NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS! It will make your bathroom reading time much more enjoyable for sure! : )
You can find out more about how to get your very own copy of The WOO of POO: Change Your Life In The Time You Take a Sh*t below on Amazon or learn more about Poo~Pourri the brand here!