Life can change so suddenly. One minute you are trucking along and the next you feel like you have been hit by a ton of bricks. I am young and relativity healthy with no known medical problems but suffered a seizure right in front of my kids back in 2015 two days after a surgery procedure. Talk about life changing! My whole world was flipped upside down for several months.
I awoke in the back of an ambulance on my way to the hospital having no clue what was going on. After a 5 day stay in the hospital ( 3 of those in ICU) I was discharged and on my way home but much to my dismay with caretakers assigned to me day and night!
You never know when the a situation will arise when you might need a caretaker. For me it was something sudden and unexpected like a complication of surgery but for others it might be an auto accident or even something planned like taking care of an elderly family member. Whatever the case is it is best to be informed and prepared. In my case, I had a nurse visit my house twice a day for several weeks to administer IV antibiotics and run labs. I also had various members of my family assigned to watching me and taking care of me those first few weeks.
Working with the nurses and agencies was great because they supplied their own medical supplies (needles, IV supplies etc.) but there was so much more that was needed for my care. We made so many trips back and forth to Walmart and Walgreens that it really got to be old and frustrating at times. I needed so many things I had never even heard of and it would of been nice to know about a program like Sam’s Club Caregiver Program! Whether you need something like Ensure® Plus Nutrition Shakes for strength, energy and protein or Poise® Moderate Absorbency Pads for light bladder leakage, they’ve got you covered!
Coming from someone who has had a caregiver and was involved in most of the process, I sure would of appreciated a program like Sam’s Club Caregiver Program. The home shipping alone would of freed up so much of our time that we spent running to different stores to find products that we needed for my care! Check out the other awesome benefits below and consider visit your local Sam’s Club to purchase any and all your Caregiver needs in the future! I know I will if the need ever arises again!
Benefits of the Sam’s Club Caregiver Program:
- Maintain a sense of peace when ordering sensitive items knowing that once it is delivered, you and only you will know what’s inside
- Free Shipping on select items from select locations
- Shop online and looking for items marked “Club Pick-up”. You can also use the “Easy Reorder” option and select from a list of your past in-club and online purchases.
- Get time back in your day as a member of the Sam’s Club team fills your cart with your items.
- Bypass the register and check in on the app, at the kiosk inside or pull up in our Drive Thru area (available in select clubs).
Scan & Go
- Download the Sam’s Club Scan & Go app to gain access to great deals, pay quicker, and beat the checkout lines!
- Here’s how it works: Barcode scan: Scan each item’s barcode in the store with the item scanner.
- Payment: Pay fast for wholesale items directly in the app. It’s a time saver.
- Wholesale savings: Pay fast by showing your digital payment receipt to the exit greeter.