The Momma Chef is doing something right with almost 29K likes on Facebook! : ) Here again with us to share a special Mother’s Day (or any day) easy muffin recipe! Looks wonderful! Please comment and let us know how it was if you try it and for more delicious recipes all using under 6 ingredients and 6 minutes prep time, check out The Momma Chef here!
When it comes to baking and cooking, parents know there are times that we just want to get the meal prepared without the helping hands of our sweet children — because we know that just doubles our prep time! But a recipe my kids love making with me — and I love having their helping hands — is my Yummy Banana Muffins. I usually add chocolate chips, and they become the kids’ dessert. And best of all, the muffins are a one-bowl and six-ingredient recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ c. whole wheat flour
- 3 overripe bananas
- ½ c. honey
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c. avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients above and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 375° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- You can add ½ cup chocolate chips (my kids prefer semi-sweet).
- The muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for two days. After that, put them in the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated, put the muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
- I use muffin cups, which makes it more fun for the kids. If you use them, spray them with Pam before filling.