Now that Spring is in full swing, my girls and I, ( and the new puppy Buster) are out and about on numerous daily walks. There is no better way to pass the time and fill these moments with valuable lessons then to incorporate games! We love games and have been known to make them up about anything and everything! We got GAME! HA!
Our favorite game at the moment is one we made up that copy cats the classic “I-Spy” game that we all know and love with our own twist. Our faith is something that is so important to us and hope it is to you and your family too so the “I Spy Something Beautiful that God Made” Game was born! The bible tells us in Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” I always try to incorporate this verse into our daily life and make it fun for my girls. We acknowledge all the things we see that God made that are beautiful in our game! We talk about it! We laugh about it! We are thankful for it! Memories are born and little disciples are growing….
Play the game with your kids! Get outside and have some fun! Make your own twist to it! Let us know in the comments if you had fun!
How to play the game:
- Decide who goes first. This can be done by rock paper scissors or youngest goes first etc.
- The spy picks something in his mind that can not be changed and must stay in view. (if walking or driving, keep this in mind)
- The spy says, “I spy something beautiful that God made that is__________________.” He gives a clue like a color, shape, size etc. If you have older kids you can use “starts with letter B or harder clues.” Something so that the others can try to guess what he is looking at. An example here is “I spy something beautiful that God made that is Blue. Then big. Then high. The answer is the sky.
- Each person gets a turn to guess with an answer and the spy says yes or no/hot or cold something like that.
- Once someone guesses what the object is then they become the spy and the whole process starts over again.
Easy! Now go find some beautiful things that God made! You won’t have to go very far! : )
This post contains affiliate links to help pay for our blog!
Couple other family fun games for rainy days!