Does anyone else have picky eaters like me? My husband is a meat and potato guys and my kids only like sweets and carbs! LOL I am constantly looking for easy, yummy and healthy meals to make that everyone can eat so I am not preparing multiple meals for my family for one sitting. I love love love throwing a meal in the crock pot and smelling it throughout the day, oh the anticipation! This pasta dish also freezes nicely and is great for left-overs as well the next day!
This recipe is one of my favorites and a must try for anyone who likes easy…dont’ we all?!! Comment below and let us know how you liked it! You can also substitute Cheddar cheese for the mozzarella to change it up if this becomes a regular in your household!
Crock Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (We prefer cage-free)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil- optional
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano-optional
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley- optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound penne or pasta of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano, parsley and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir into the slow cooker and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Stir pasta and chicken into the slow cooker; top with cheeses. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 10-20 minutes, or until the cheeses have melted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.